Gro-sure Fast Acting Lawn Grass Seed covers 80m2, 2.4kg Box
Gro-Sure Fast Acting Lawn Seed is a blend of quick-growing as well as hard-wearing seed varieties. It is ideal for over-seeding worn grass or filling in bare patches. This seed blend is designed for germination at 7°C soil temperature. Therefore it is great if you’re wanting to seed your lawn earlier or later in the year and get fast results.
- Contains a blend of quick growing and hard-wearing lawn seeds ideal for overseeding, repairs or new lawn establishment.
- The seed has been coated in an additional protective blue coating to reduce the likelihood of bird attacks reducing seed loss to wildlife.
- Seeds blue coating also helps identify where the seed has been sown as you apply.
- Sow in colder conditions during early and also late seasons.
- Maintains colour all season long.
- Quick and fast results.
Gro-Sure Fast Acting Lawn Seed is treated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment.
- New and improved seed blends
- Our range is colour matched
- Fine grass blades for a beautiful, lush lawn
- Our lawn seed will grow on any soil type
- Your lawn will have a high disease tolerance
What to Expect:
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 3 weeks, however, if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
Where to Use:
- Existing lawns – to overseed
- Bare soil – to establish new lawns
- Patches – for repairs
How to Use:
Best Conditions: Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10-18°C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
How to Sow a New Lawn:
- Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
- Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
- Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at a rate of 30g/sq. m
- Lightly rake into the surface
How to Thicken an Existing Lawn:
Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork
Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level out the surface
Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at a rate of 25g/sq. m
Lightly rake into the surface
- Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil.
- Water thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler. Take care not to wash the seeds away
- Water daily until established and in very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly
- Mow for the first time when the grass is 5-8 cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm. After 8 weeks we recommend feeding with Aftercut Ultra Green Plus.
- 4-5 days before sowing a new lawn, lightly rake Westland Growmore into the soil
- When preparing to sow, if the soil is dry water it thoroughly the day before and leaves to soak overnight
- The top of the soil should be dry with moist soil just below the surface on the day of sowing
- For the best results apply Gro-sure® Lawn Seeding Soil with any Gro-sure® lawn seed
- Children and pets need not be excluded from the treated areas
- Store in a cool, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs
- Use contents within the season of purchase
- Contents may settle in transit
Box Contains: 1x Gro-sure Fast Acting Lawn Grass Seed covers 80m2, 2.4kg Box